IQ8660 Base for IQ8000 IP DECT Cordless Phone System
Part of IQ8000 IP DECT cordless phone system
SKU code: IQ8660BS
The IQ8000 series is a professional quality cordless phone sytem with infrastructure to support on-site multi-cell signal coverage with call handover. Designed in Denmark, the IQ8600 works on standard SIP and Asterisk servers and runs on the client's ethernet network. The IQ8600 offers a compact and easy to install scalable solution that can grow from a single base unit up to 240 networked base units (with up to 1,000 handsets in a fully configured environment) with seamless handover. This system utilises CAT-iq*, a global cordless technology and can be configured to support seamless wideband audio from the SIP environment to the cordless handset.
The system comprises POE bases with built-in repeaters and two handset models with modern styling. The maximum system size is 240 handsets ** with a multi-cell network of 40 bases**, so affordable coverage of large sites is limited only by ethernet availability as the wireless range is the same as that for standard DECT.
* CAT-iq stands for “Cordless Advanced Technology - Internet and Quality”. See www.cat-iq.org for more information. CAT-iq was designed for IP voice services in next generation networks based on the regulatory framework of the DECT technology standard and focuses on high quality wideband VoIP and low bit-rate data applications.
IQ8660BS Base Features
- Cordless DECT CAT-iq* technology
- G711 Codec
- SIP compatible
- Supports 10 handsets per base in single base mode
- Supports 8 handsets per base in multi-base network
- Wideband Audio HDSP G729 (optional)
- Scalable system from 1-254 bases in Multicell mode
- Up to 1,00 users (i.e 1,000 handsets registered)
- Up to 30 roaming handsets can logon to one base
- Over-the-air synchronisation
- LED status indication on the base
- Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Seamless mid-call handover for roaming in Multi cell mode
- Supports MobiCall messaging server for text and "man-down" functions (www.newvoice.com.au/mobicall)
- SMS messaging, max length 200 chars
- Alarm generation from key, ManDown or Pull cord
- Alarms list with colors
- Storage: 35000 chars shared between SMS and Alarms
IQ8830 IP65 Handset is available here.
IQ8630 Standard Handsets is available here.
** Firmware version dependent.